Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It has started


Went in for the teacher's first day and it was a nice ride. Saw a few people on the way home, had a nice chat with a woman weeding her stone wall (I had just lost my bungee). It is neat to wave to people who are now more like barely known neighbors (you recognize them, but aren't really involved in their life). This woman started up with friendly, joking banter "Oh I see you were brought up short by my beautiful stone wall and had to stop" She asked where I was headed and gave unsolicited advice about where to go in Rochester (assuming I was riding just for fun and not going home). All while I putzed about trying to figure out how I was going to keep my bag from falling off. She seemed to pause in her banter for a moment and may have been worried when I whipped off my belt to use it as lashing. (I then became worried as my pants were not able to stay up with their generous waist over my padded, Lycra riding shorts under them (a.k.a. my Lycra diaper). All was well since nothing slids off when you're sitting down. I made it home, though the bag kept sliding to one side.

No comments: